Fulbridge are continuously recruiting Trainee Residential Youth Workers to work in our client’s homes in Wisbech and surrounding areas.
You will be working with young people aged 11 to 18 who have been placed into the care system for numerous reasons with an array of disorders, behaviours and needs and therefore require individuals who have the confidence, patience and skill set to successfully work with these young people and make a positive impact on their lives.
Position involves providing security, guidance, interaction and support to young people with challenging behaviour and complex needs within a residential setting with the intention of creating an environment that caters for a young person’s intellectual, spiritual, social and emotional needs.
In this role you will work as part of a team to support the young people throughout the day with basic tasks such as supporting with meal preparation, cleaning, education and shopping. You will also be required to interact with professionals such as Social Workers, Probation Officers and Police Officers and support the young people in environments such as classrooms, courts and police stations.
Candidates must have experience working or interacting with young people and be prepared to undertake sector specific training and attend monthly supervisions. All our trainees are placed on an annual training programme and offered the opportunity to undertake courses, including Child Protection and Team Teach.
We have found that a high majority of our trainee RSWs are offered full-time positions within our client’s home within 3 months.
Main duties and responsibilities:
– Build strong professional relationships with the service users and other members of staff
– Maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable environment for the YPs to live and for you to work
– To keep up to date with all communication / information systems
– Attend and take an active part in meetings as appropriate
– Support YP in managing their own behaviour using approved skills
– To promote equality, acknowledging individuals differences
– Protect service users from any form of abuse from staff, visitors or service users
– Write accurate reports for reviews and keep written records for monitoring purposes
– Attend all training as required and be prepaid to achieve qualifications appropriate to role
– Attend work reliably and punctually and to follow a set shift pattern
– Transfer Young People using company car
– Ensure you keep yourself up to date with all procedures and policy changes
– Take responsible care for the health and safety of yourself and others
– Undertake any other additional duties as required, which are relevant to the post
– Ability to form professional relationships with young people
– Ability to read and understand written work and to write clear and accurate reports
– Ability to communicate clearly and easily with young people in a variety of ways
– Ability to go wherever service users want to go and participate in all activities
– Ability to work as directed and complete tasks reliably and to a high standard
– Ability to participate in training and development
– Ability to follow a work pattern and to attend work punctually and reliably
– Awareness of what effective teamwork is
– Awareness of the general health, safety and welfare of young people
– Awareness of how young people develop and learn
– Awareness of equal opportunities and discrimination are and how it can be prevented
Available Shifts Patterns:
– 8am – 11pm + sleep
– 8am – 3pm
– 3pm – 11pm
– 3pm + sleep
Please note that this position is a zero – hour contract and that you would be required to complete an enhanced DBS with Fulbridge Social Care and successfully complete one of our induction programmes prior to any placements being offered.
If you are interested in joining our team then please forward an updated CV or request an application pack from our recruitment team.
A driving license is essential for this position as you will be required to drive the unit car and take the young person (s) to destinations such as family contacts, school and social activities.