Find a job within Health and Social Care
Look for a specific job by location and position using our Job Search tool. Alternatively, browse all available jobs on our Jobs page.
|Title||Deputy Home Manager|
|Salary||£22k – £26k|
Our client require a Deputy home Manager for an established unit in Peterborough. Candidates must have extensive experience working within a children’s home and have level 3 or 4 in (Caring for Children & Young People). The Deputy is required to take responsibility to secure, sustain and promote the reputation of the home for the benefit of the Service Users and create a caring environment conductive to the individual’s emotional, physical, social, intellectual and spiritual needs.
You will safeguard and promote the welfare of the young people and ensure that the quality of care provided is consistent with National Minimum Standards. You will assist in the establishing and maintaining a competent, motivated and confident staff team along with leading, guiding and supporting staff under your grade.
Candidates must have good communication skills, be able to form effective relationships with children and act as a positive role model and liaise effectively with colleagues and other agencies. As a Deputy you will work unsupervised, have financial awareness, capability to budget and keep legal documentation updated and secure.
Duties & Responsibilities:
– Review and ensure care plans are upto date
– Work with parents, staff and other professionals
– Ensure standards are met
– Attend care meetings when appreciate
– Involvement in recruitment and retention of staff
– Manage others
– Support in rota creation
– Undertake staff inductions
– Take on-call responsibilities
– Assist home manager when required
– Attend disciplinary hearings
– Ensure vehicles are maintained
– Ensure bills are paid
– Monitor recording systems
– Administer medication
– Ability to form professional relationships with young people
– Ability to read and understand written work and to write clear and accurate reports
– Ability to communicate clearly and easily with young people in a variety of ways
– Ability to go wherever service users want to go and participate in all activities
– Ability to work as directed and complete tasks reliably and to a high standard
– Ability to participate in training and development
– Ability to follow a work pattern and to attend work punctually and reliably
– Awareness of what effective teamwork is
– Awareness of the general health, safety and welfare of young people
– Awareness of how young people develop and learn
– Awareness of equal opportunities and discrimination are and how it can be prevented
– 8am – 11pm + sleep
– 8am – 3pm
– 3pm – 11pm
– 3pm + sleep
Please note that the position requires successful candidates to obtain an enhanced DBS, cost met by employer.
Search our latest job postings below to find the jobs that suit you best